I’m not a competitive runner in my times, but I do like races. They inspire me to keep improving, and they give me an outlet to test my progress. Here are a few of my race results.
- Bowman Cup 2014 on October 18, 2014: 5 km, 28:46. This was my first ever race.
- Tree City Turkey Trot 2014 on November 27, 2014: 5 km, 26:23.
- Frosty 5 Mile 2014 on December 24, 2014: 5 miles, 40:52.
- Great New Years Eve Race on December 31, 2014: 5 km, 23:58.
- Black Squirrel 5k on April 11, 2015: 5 km, 23:51. This one was not much improvement because I was coming off of a fractured toe.
- Flap Jack and Jill 5k on May 9, 2015: 5 km, 23:40. I finished 9th overall, 1st in my age group. The race was an odd one, though. Most of the fast runners did the 15 km run, and my age group had just 3 in it, and none in the 15k.
- Bay to Breakers 2015 on May 17, 2015: 12 km, 1:05:13. Yes, I flew thousands of miles to run this crazy, awesome road race. During it I met an ops engineer who was running with his backpack, since he was on call…
- Bowman Cup 2015 on October 3, 2015: 5 km, 23:25.
- Tree City Turkey Trot 2015 on November 26, 2015: 5 km, 22:41.
- Frosty 5 Mile 2015 on December 24, 2015: 5 miles, 37:13.
- Cleveland Half Marathon 2016 on May 15, 2016: 13.1 miles, 1:43:27 (7:53/mile pace). The weather was horrible (under 40 Fahrenheit, hailing, raining, strong winds) and I still crushed my stretch goal of 1:45:00.
- Bowman Cup 2016 on October 1, 2016: 5 km, 20:35. I finished 23 overall (of 256), 1 in my age group (after winners of other categories were removed), and set a strong PR. As of this race, I think I can beat my time again in November. I was not on fresh legs.
- Columbus Marathon on October 16, 2016: 26.2 miles, 4:06:12 (9:24/mile pace). The weather was unusually warm (started at 60 Fahrenheit, reached around 75 Fahrenheit by the end of the race). I fell apart near the end, but still finished with a time I am very pleased with, and I can certainly improve on it next time (depending on the weather, of course).
- Tree City Turkey Trot 2016 on November 24, 2016: 5 km, 21:19 (6:52 pace). I was second in my age group, despite a disappointing performance.
- Philadelphia Half Marathon 2018 on November 17, 2018: 13.1 miles, 1:46:37 (8:08 pace). Great weather conditions. All in all a satisfactory race.
Cap City Half Marathon in the spring. Nothing else is planned.